Is Your Installation Safe?
Reginald Maude’s Testing & Inspection team offers a comprehensive inspection facility covering periodic testing in all areas including industrial, local authorities, residential homes, letting agents and many others. Our experience is supported by our membership, since January 1957, of the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contractors (NICEIC).
We are able to respond within 24 hours for a standard site periodic inspections in a cost effective and efficient manner and with minimum disruption. All premises are provided with fully bound test documentation and certification following inspection. Any remedial work can be carried out in tandem with the inspection or at a later agreed date.
We have undertaken a selection of inspections and remedial work on a variety of premises from university campuses and large industrial complexes to smaller domestic properties and commercial units.
Our customer base includes Huddersfield University, Cofley at Calderdale Royal Hospital, Overgate Hospice and their charity shops, National Trust, Bronte Parsonage, Local Estate Agents, Local Authorities, Local Schools, Local Businesses and various local domestic properties.
Our Testing Engineers
Our Electrical Testing Engineers are trained to 17th Edition and City & Guilds 2391 standards, as well as being JIB graded. This guarantees that they are working to the most up to date regulations and can provide an immediate solution to any remedial work that is required.
Why to Test and When to Test
- Electricity at Work Regulations Regulation 4(2) of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 requires that:As may be necessary to prevent danger, all systems shall be maintained so as to prevent, so far as is reasonably practicable, such danger.
- Legal Aspects Whilst the Electricity at Work Regulations do not specifically require electrical installation certificates or reports to be issued and retained, such documents may provide the only effective evidence for the contractor or the person(s) responsible for the safety of an electrical installation should either or both be prosecuted under the provisions of those statutory regulations.
- Periodic Inspection & Testing/Electrical Conditioning Reports Periodic inspection and testing is necessary because all electrical installations deteriorate due to a number of factors, i.e. damage, wear, tear, corrosion, excessive electrical loading, ageing and environmental influences. Consequently:
- Legislation requires that electrical installations are maintained in a safe condition and therefore must be periodically inspected and tested – Tables 3.1 and 3.2.
- Licensing authorities, public bodies, insurance companies, mortgage lenders and others may require periodic inspection and testing of electrical installations – Tables 3.1 and 3.2.
- Additionally, periodic inspection and testing should be considered:
to assess compliance with BS 7671
- Recommended Initial Frequencies for Inspection of Electrical Installations
|Type of Installation||Maximum Period Between Inspection & Testing As Necessary|
|Domestic||Change of Occupancy / 10 years|
|Commercial||Change of Occupancy / 5 years|
|Educational Establishments||5 years|
|Places of Public Entertainment||1 year|
|Health Care Services||5 years|
Reginald Maude Limited offer a comprehensive test and inspection service for many of the above listed types of installation. We are sympathetic to existing working environments providing as little disruption as possible to the daily routine.